Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's Not Me, I Swear

My oven and I have quite a love/hate relationship. More like I hate it when I'm trying to make things I love. I suppose that's one of the downfalls of living in an apartment complex--gotta take what they give you, which in my case is an oven that burns things along the lines of Sherman's march through the South. At first, I thought it was a sign my cooking/baking skills were dismal, but recently I have come to the conclusion that it's the oven, not me.

Today I have my proof.

This morning, I wanted to make some cookies to take to my class of students because today is my last day.  Now when I say I was going to bake cookies before work, I mean I got the bag out of the fridge and put the pre-made dough on the cookie sheet. (homemade doesn't happen in the morning before work in my neck of the woods). Well, I preheated the house of flames to 350 and once it was ready, I put the cookies in and set the timer for 9 minutes, which is the low end of the recommended baking time. After nine minutes, what did I have? Rock solid, blackened cookie paper weights.

I'm pretty sure Pillsbury has perfected the cookie recipe, so it can't be their fault. And all I did was put them on my (new, I might add) cookie sheet, which is pretty hard to mess up. So that leaves my oven as the sole culprit...and the love/hate relationship continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment