Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My one crafty thing of the year

Since there are about 2.5 weeks left of 2011, I figured I would try to do something crafty since I have done nothing of the sort this year (other than a project for a social studies class where I pretended to be a Native American and made baskets out of newspaper...perhaps I will share about that later. It was actually really cool. and nerdy.)

I have a bad habit of printing recipes off of the internet and then just putting them in a big stack on the counter. Not so pretty and not so neat, either. When I make one of the recipes, if I like it I will put it back in the stack. If I don't like it, it goes in the trash. Easy enough. Well, I have quite the collection of "keeper" recipes I've printed off, along with pages torn out of magazines and newspapers, etc. I decided with my new-found free time since classes ended, I would do something about this.

I downloaded a 4x6 index card template for Word and have started putting all of my recipes in the computer on these index cards. I bought a photo album to put the cards in after I print them. This has not only helped clear up some counter space, but it also has helped me organize my recipes...I now have visions of different albums by food category. Maybe next year.

1 point for creativity in 2011. I'll aim for 2 points next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment