Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bend & Snap

Legally Blonde is a quality film. Also fully representative of the year it was made, 2001. Perhaps in honor of the 10 year anniversary of the movie, TBS decided to have a Legally Blonde marathon on last night. I was spending the night with my boyfriend's cousins, who are 8 and 5 because I am super cool like that and we decided to watch Legally Blonde last night. Thinking this movie was 100% acceptable for an 8 year old girl was incorrect. Sorry, Elle Woods, but I totally understand your innuendo from the "bend & snap." There were quite a few instances of, "what does that mean??" followed by me muttering something along the lines of, "I'm not sure," or, "aren't they weird?" or, "I can't believe they just said that!"

such as:
After Elle gets the law internship
Elle: Oh Warner, do you remember when we spent those four amazing hours in the hot tub together after winter formal?
....followed with "well what were they doing in a hot tub for 4 hours?" "uhhh, ahem, umm..."
and...
When Elle shows up in a bunny costume to the non-costume party
Vivian: Nice outfit.
Elle: Oh, I like your outfit too, except when I dress up as a frigid bitch, I try not to look so constipated.
...followed by, "ooh she said a bad worddddd," while I am trying to stifle my laughter...


Perhaps Legally Blonde isn't the best movie to watch with an 8 year old girl, but hey, she learned the Bend & Snap last night, which we all know has a 98% success rate in getting a man's attention, according to Elle!

No comments:

Post a Comment