Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Today is...

National Greasy Foods Day!! (yes, it really exists. see here. only in America.) I never knew this holiday existed. Maybe that's why I was craving a Chick-fil-a chicken biscuit this morning. I subliminally knew I guess. Well, msnbc put out a list of 7 sinfully greasy foods here, so I started thinking about my favorite greasy foods.

Numero uno: Bacon wrapped scallops.
These have become a staple at recent wedding/engagement events we have been to, and I am so glad. I'm pretty sure anything wrapped in bacon is delicious, but scallops wrapped in bacon are to die for.

Numero dos: Sweet potato fries.
The good thing about these (other than their delectable taste) is that I can pretend I am being healthy when I eat them. Everyone knows sweet potatoes are good for you, so therefore sweet potato fries must be good for you too. With a side of tomatoes (ketchup), it's a well-balanced meal!

Numero tres: A good ole hamburger. One of my personal faves is a burger from Five Guys.
Five Guys has some of the best burgers. A good, greasy burger is just what the doctor did not order, but sometimes it's necessary. It's probably best that there is not a Five Guys within 25 miles of where I live--that could be dangerous.

Happy National Greasy Foods Day!!

1 comment:

  1. so funny- we served bacon wrapped waterchesnuts at our wedding and everyone thought they were scallops! they are so good though!!

    ReplyDelete