Monday, October 10, 2011

Back to that $39,000 backpack

As I previously mentioned, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen no longer live in the real world. It has been confirmed. Don't get me wrong--I love Michelle Tanner and I thoroughly enjoy the classic Olsen hits, like It Takes Two and Passport to Paris. But, these chicas apparently forgot about their fans when designing items for their current line, The Row. Supposedly, their $39,000 alligator backpacks were the first items to sell off the shelves upon the line's debut. What I want to know is how many did they make? My guess is 2: one for Mary Kate and one for Ashley. That way they can say they were sold out. Because who in their right mind would spend $39,000 on a backpack?!? Although, as Amanda Brooks, the fashion director at Barney's said, "If you were ever going to spend $39,000 on a bag, that's the bag you should buy." Gee, thanks Amanda, I'll definitely keep that in mind the next time I'm looking to drop a down payment on a house on a backpack instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment