Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer Reading

In between my summer school classes, I have been trying to do a lot of reading this summer. I have about a month off right now between summer school and fall classes starting, so I have been a reading machine. I read the Stieg Larsson trilogy, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. This trilogy of books was flat out amazing. Although I blew through the last book in about 3 days (while working 9-5....so I went home and read from approximately 5:30-11:30 each night. sweet life, huh?), I was quite upset that there will not be any more books in this series. The next series I want to tackle is The Hunger Games. It's currently in my queue at the library, so hopefully I will be able to pick that up and read before school starts back at the end of August...because once school starts, the whole 'reading for pleasure' thing ends abruptly.

In other news, I am at work and we listen to the radio, set on 102.5 which is a mix of 80s, 90s and today, and Livin' La Vida Loca is on. Thank you, Ricky Martin, for making my Monday much more enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment